Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, Buddha may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- E-mail Address
If you purchase Buddha’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
Buddha may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
- Music Genres of Interest
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Buddha’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
Buddha collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
Buddha may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Buddha and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Buddha does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Buddha may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these service to Buddha, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Buddha may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Buddha or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Buddha; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Buddha, or the public.
Tracking User Behavior
Buddha may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Buddha, in order to determine what Buddha services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Buddha to customers whose behavior indicated they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Buddha. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Buddha website.
The Buddha website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Buddha pages, or register with Buddha site or services, a cookie helps Buddha to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Buddha website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Buddha features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Buddha services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Buddha secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Buddha uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Children Under Thirteen
Buddha does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, Buddha may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Buddha, you may opt out of such communications by “replying STOP” or “clicking the UNSUBSCRIBE button” within an email.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Source: Easy Digital Downloads
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us to:
– Send you important account/order/service information.
– Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
– Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
– Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally we may also collect the following information:
– Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
– Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
– Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
– Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one.
– If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
Source: Square Appointments
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We need to collect information about you to provide you with the Services or the support you request. The type of information we collect can vary depending on the country from which you access our Services. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us.
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide when you apply or sign up for a Square account or other Services, go through our identity or account verification process, authenticate into your account, communicate with us, answer our surveys, upload content, or otherwise use the Services.
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including:
- Identification Information. Your name; email address; mailing address; phone number; photograph; birthdate; passport, driver’s license, Social Security, Taxpayer Identification, or other government-issued identification; or other historical, contact, and demographic information when you apply or sign up for a Square account or other Services, signature, and authentication credentials (for example, information you use to login to your account), including IP address.
- Financial Information. Information such as bank account, payment card numbers, credit reports, and other publicly available information.
- Tax information. Withholding allowances and tax filing status.
- Transaction Information. When you use our Services to make, accept, request, or record payments, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Other Information You Provide. Information that you voluntarily provide to us, including your survey responses; participation in contests, promotions, or other prospective seller marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; or any other actions performed on the Services.
Information We Collect From Your Use of our Services
We collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information that we collect includes:
- Precise Geolocation Information. The location of your device. For more information and to learn how to disable collection of location information, please see below.
- Device Information. Information about your device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Use Information. Information about how you use our Services, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the domain name of your Internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, any specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your visit to or use of the Services, your search terms, the website you visited before you visited or used the Services, data about how you interact with our Services, and other clickstream data.
- Business Information. Information about products and services you sell (including inventory, pricing and other data) and other information you provide about you or your business (including appointment, staffing availability, employee, payroll and contact data).
- Employee Information. Information provided to a Seller using our Services, for example information about employees whose employers use Square Payroll or Employee Management (including hours worked and other timecard data).
- Customer Information. Information you collect from your customers, including email address, phone number, payment information, or other information.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We also collect information about you from third parties, including:
- Identity Verification. Information from third-party verification services, credit bureaus, financial institutions, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. In some circumstances, where lawful, this information may include your government-issued identification number.
- Background Information. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may obtain background check reports from public records of criminal convictions and arrest records. We may use your information, including your full name, government-issued identification number, and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Credit, Compliance and Fraud. Information about you from third parties in connection with any credit investigation, credit eligibility, identity or account verification process, fraud detection process, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law. This includes, without limitation, the receipt and exchange of account or credit-related information with any credit reporting agency or credit bureau, where lawful, and any person or corporation with whom you have had, currently have, or may have a financial relationship, including without limitation past, present, and future places of employment, financial institutions, and personal reporting agencies.
Our Services are general audience services not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information about you for a number of purposes, including:
Providing, Improving, and Developing our Services
- Determining whether the Services are available in your country;
- Processing or recording payment transactions or money transfers;
- Otherwise providing you with the Square products and features you choose to use;
- Displaying your historical transaction or appointment information;
- Providing, maintaining and improving our Services;
- Developing new products and services;
- Delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages including to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance for problems with our Services or your Square account;
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our Services;
- Measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our Services.
Communicating with You About our Services
- Sending you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our products and services;
- Conducting surveys and collecting feedback about our Services.
Protecting our Services and Maintaining a Trusted Environment
- Investigating, detecting, preventing, or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited or illegal activities, or to otherwise help protect your account, including to dispute chargebacks on your behalf;
- Protecting our, our customers’, or your customers’ rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
- Enforcing our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies;
- Verifying your identity (e.g., through government-issued identification numbers);
- Complying with any applicable laws or regulations, or in response to lawful requests for information from the government or through legal process;
- Fulfilling any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services;
- Contacting you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance with our Services.
Advertising and Marketing
- Marketing of our Services;
- Communicating with you about opportunities, products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards offered by us and select partners;
- If we send you marketing emails, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt out” of receiving future marketing or other communications.
To learn about your choices regarding interest-based advertising and cross-device tracking, please see below.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services from time to time.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
With Other Users of our Services with Whom You Interact
- With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information when you make or accept a payment, appointment, or money transfer using our Services.
With our Affiliates
- With our group companies and corporate affiliates, for the purposes outlined above.
With Third Parties
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., fraud prevention, identity verification, and fee collection services), as well as financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, credit bureaus, partners providing services on Square’s behalf, and other entities in connection with the Services;
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities on our behalf or in connection with our Services.
Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the Services; or
- In connection with (including, without limitation, during the negotiation or due diligence process of) a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; or other corporate change.
Safety and Compliance with Law
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., from tax authorities, law enforcement agencies, etc.); (ii) to enforce or comply with our General Terms or other applicable agreements or policies; (iii) to protect our or our customers’ rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services; or (iv) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm, fraud, or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
With Your Consent
- With your consent. For example:
- At your direction or as described at the time you agree to share;
- When you authorize a third party application or website to access your information.
Aggregated and Anonymized Information
- We also may share (within our group of companies or with third parties) aggregated and anonymized information that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We generally retain your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. However, even after you deactivate your account, we can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce our General Terms or other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We use various technologies to collect information when you access or use our Services, including placing a piece of code, commonly referred to as a “cookie,” or similar technology on your device and using web beacons. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in your device memory when you visit a website or view a message. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We will begin collecting information about you or from activity on devices you use as soon as you use our Services. By using our Services, you permit us to collect and use your information from activity on devices you use in accordance with this Privacy Notice. For more information and to learn how to block or delete cookies used in the Services, please see below.
Certain cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to use the Services and, as such, will last longer.
- Remember that you have visited us or used the Services before. This allows us to identify the number of unique visitors we receive, so that we can provide enough capacity to accommodate all of our users.
- Customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of our Services.
- Collect data about the way you interact with our Services (e.g., when you use certain features).
- Collect data to assess and improve our advertising campaigns, including sending information to our business partners.
- Allow our business partners (including third parties) to use these tracking technologies to track your behavior on our behalf on our Platform (including when you use multiple devices) and on partner websites.
- Enable third parties to collect data about the way you interact across sites outside of our Services.
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Services (including the length of your web or application session) and the location from which you access the Services, so that we can improve the Services and learn which elements and functions of the Services are most popular with our users.
Some of the cookies used in the Services are set by us, and others are set by third parties who deliver services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default. However, you can change your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
You also can learn more about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers and mobile devices. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used in the Services, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services.
We also may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, track the number of visits to our websiteand apps, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
This Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, third-party cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technologies, which are covered by such third parties’ privacy policies. For more information, we encourage you to check the privacy policies of these third parties to learn about their privacy practices. For more information about targeted advertising specifically, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Examples of our third-party service providers to help deliver our Services or to connect to our Services include:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to understand how our Services perform and how you use them. To learn more about how Google processes your data, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Facebook: We use Facebook to advertise and market our services. We also use Facebook Connect API to allow you to connect your Facebook account to your Square account. To learn more about how Facebook uses your data please visit https://www.facebook.com/help/325807937506242/ or log on to your Facebook account and access your settings. To understand more about Facebook advertising please see here https://www.facebook.com/about/ads.
- BugSnag and Crashlytics: We use Bugsnag and Crashlytics monitoring apps to monitor errors that impact customers and report diagnostic data to us so we can improve our Service and help to make sure they work when you need to use them. Please visit https://docs.bugsnag.com/legal/privacy-policy/ to learn more about how Bugsnag processes your data and https://fabric.io/terms to learn more about how Crashlytics processes your data.
- Akismet: We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Source: iThemes Security
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 60 days.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
Security logs are retained for 60 days.
Where we send your data
You may access, change, or correct information that you have provided by logging into your Square account at any time or by making a request to us using the contact details below, in which case we may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
Deactivating Your Account
If you wish to deactivate your account, you can do so by logging into your Square account or by emailing us using the contact details provided below.
In order to provide certain Services, we may require access to location information, including precise geolocation information collected from your device. If you do not consent to collection of this information, certain Services will not function properly and you will not be able to use those Services. You can stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, some of our mobile applications will no longer function. You also may stop our collection of location information via mobile application by following the standard uninstall process to remove all Square mobile applications from your device.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking across websites. Square does not have a mechanism in place to respond to DNT signals. Square does track some activity across websites (including your search terms, the website you visited before you visited or used the Services, and other clickstream data) and we may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Privacy Notice from web browsers that have enabled DNT signals or similar mechanisms.
You can opt out of receiving promotional messages from Square by following the instructions in those messages, by informing the caller that you would not like to receive future promotional calls, by texting STOP to 778272, or by changing your notification settings by logging into your Square account. Opting out of receiving communications may impact your use of the Services. If you decide to opt out, we can still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the address listed below.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. We hold information about you both at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers.
For more information about our security practices, please visit https://squareup.com/security.
STORAGE AND PROCESSING
We may, and we may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the United States, Canada, Japan, the European Union and other countries.
Changes to this Statement
Buddha welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Buddha has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Buddha at:
ItsBuddha Productions, LLC
717 Saint Joseph Dr, Suite 121
Saint Joseph, MI 49085-2428
+1 (269) 210-1091